BIG-BOY Airbrush Co.
Some facts about our painting methods
1) Every Paint job is sanded flat (blocked) and primer sealed.
2) 2 coats of adhesion promoter /sealer is applied to ensure a good bond of base and clears.
3) Base coats are then applied. This is where the magic starts. Special effects and coatings to give your paint a unique effect. The base coats are then sealed with a mid coat clear.
4) Followed with graphics designs, airbrushing, art work, stripping, additional colors, transparencies, pearls, candies, etc. required to obtain your custom ordered designs
5) minimum of 4 coats of High Solid Clear coats are applied over all work, murals, stripping etc., to seal everything in, leaving coats of clear to protect the complete paint job. If needed another 3 coats of clear maybe added after flat wet sanding prior clear in order to bury graphics.
6) Then the final clear coat is finished with a 3 step wet sanding process, from 1000 grit paper and ending with a 3000 grit paper.
7) Completing the job is done by using a 3 step polishing process to give an unbelievable mirror like finish
Our Paint lines: We use the following brands of automotive finish systems for different applications.
Base Paints : Metalux
Specialty Paints: House of Kolor Paint Systems
Clear Coats: Montana clears
Pinstripe Paints: One Shot
and House of Color