Exclusively by: Airbrush Artist; Big Boy
If you live in the Tampa Bay area, and desire to learn how to airbrush, why not have the top airbrush artist in Tampa Bay teach you?
About the Instructor:
Big Boy has been in the commercial airbrushing industry for over 40 years and has experience in many fields such as automotive, Motorcycle and Marine. Large scale Wall Murals, Illustration, Signage, and Textiles.
Big Boy has painted on most surfaces so he can offer instruction on almost any application. He has also taken many top awards for his work and many of the cars and motorcycles he has painted have been show winners. The knowledge that Big Boy offers is from first hand experience not from a text book.
How can I get personal lessons?
Easy, call or email Big Boy. You may contact Big Boy at 727-514-3300 Mon through Saturday between 9am and 5pm or email Big Boy at firstname.lastname@example.org I will need to know your name, age, and phone number. Also what type of equipment you have if any(not needed). I will set up an appointment with you at your convenience.
Do I need to be an artist?
No, not really but if you are it is an added bonus. You can effectively create outrageous pieces of art with stenciling techniques that I can teach you to master. Master the art of airbrushing. I will show you simple techniques that will amaze you. It doesn’t matter if you can draw a straight line or have any art experience at all. Anyone with some hand eye coordination can use an airbrush, whether it be for hobby or commercial use.
What if I want to learn a specific area for utilizing the airbrush?
No Problem! All techniques are basically the same. It is the paint mediums and surface prep that usually differs. I have airbrushed just about everything you can imagine. Here below are just a few of the areas that I can teach you in:
1) Automotive Paint 2) Gallery/Fine arts 3) T-Shirt/ Fabric 4) Wood/Furniture
5) Metal surfaces 6) Glass surfaces 7) Vinyl / Leather 8) Plastics
9) Int / Ext-Walls 10) Ceramic/Cement
What do I need?
If you do not have any equipment yet, I will guide you as to what to purchase.
(These items can be purchased at anytime….you can learn on my equipment and supplies at no extra charge before investing to be sure you like this type of art) Your only investment will be the time for the class. Of course, to practice, you will need your own equipment.
Items you will need to get started as an Airbrush Artist if you decide you desire to go forward: (I can advise you on each item needed)
1) a dual action airbrush (Any type is fine, Paasche’s are the choice gun though) They are also sold at our shop.
2) a good size compressor with air holding tank ( the small cheap vibrator ones are useless)
3) Your choice of paint mediums / cups and bottles
4) Practice paper no smaller than 18×24
5) an easel to prop up the paper
6) proper cleaning supplies for type of paint you use
7) 3-5 gallon wash bucket and rags
8) a few sheets of poster board
9) cutting knives ( exact-o or snap offs)
10) good lighting and well vented area
11) a OSHA approved face mask
12) a desire to learn
Also….please have a OSHA approved face mask. Call me if you need info on this.
What will I learn?
Big Boys Airbrush Workshop Includes;
1) Learning about your tools. Dis-assembly and re-assembly of the airbrush gun
2) Cleaning and Maintenance of your Equipment. How to take good care of your equipment to ensure long life and smooth performance.
3) Materials and their uses. What paints are used for each surface and where to find them.
4) What’s available and where to get it.
5) Airbrush Control. Learn the basics of controlling your airbrush and you will be on your way to mastering it. Bill will show you some simple techniques that are the basic fundamentals of every artwork you will create. The 3 basic moves of the airbrush ( This involves techniques of control and accuracy as well as the famous rat-tail stroke)
6) Shading and blending lessons.
The following are taught in more advanced lessons if you desire to continue lessons:
5) Freehand as well as stencil techniques.
6) Learn how to draw,cut, and use various types of stencils.
7) Masking materials and their uses. Substrates and their preparation.
8) Putting together all knowledge to produce a small Beach mural.
How much does it cost?
You get a 2 hour class for $140.00 (for 1 person lesson) Please pay cash or PayPal
Call for additional fees for a group lesson that you assemble.
Where are the Lessons held?
At my location in Trinity, Fl. Address is texted or given after making an appointment.
When are Lessons available?
I can accommodate a weekday morning around 9am and a few weeks in advance notice a Saturday morning.
How many sessions will it take?
It will depend upon many factors. How much you desire to know and learn, as well as, your ability to grasp the basics. How much you practice. Most people enjoy – 1 (2Hr) session.
What if I need more info then this?
Call or E-mail Big Boy
Phone: 727-514-3300 (9am – 6pm Mon thru Fri)